First Vice President
Second Vice President
Secretary + Webmaster
Immediate Past President
Veena Menon and Laura Moy
Diane Field and Amy Singer
SLES Foundation President
Hello SLES families,
Welcome back! I’m excited for our year ahead! Seven Locks is an amazing school that I am very proud of. One of the key components of our success is the wonderful group of parents, staff, and teachers that make up our PTA.
Our PTA supports the academic needs and is an active voice on decisions that impact your child’s quality of education. It is my goal to build a stronger, more engaging school community with your support.
The PTA hosts many events for our families, students, and teachers throughout the year. We need your help to achieve these! Please consider volunteering when you are able.
We invite you to join the Seven Locks Elementary School PTA because increasing our membership helps make it possible to:
- Provide approximately $8500 for teachers & staff to buy additional teaching supplies.
- Approximately $6000 for school field trips.
- Funding for quarterly cultural school assemblies.
- Reading incentives.
-Provides books for students in the classroom.
- Provide programming and events to celebrate cultures. In the past we welcomed the Kankouran West African Drum performance during Black History Month.
- Sponsor Staff and Teacher Appreciation events and gifts.
- Provide enrichment activities: after-school programs like, chess club, Lego masters, stem, dance and art through Flex Academies.
- Events for parents: socials, meet and greets, and school picnics.
- We also support the school’s Reflections & cultural arts, science fair, and spelling & geography bee programs.
- We coordinate service programs to encourage our families and students to give back to the community.
- Host fun events such as the Fall Festival, Book Fair, movie night, Variety Show and the Wildcat Jam!
I’m looking forward to meeting each of you! I wish our students a happy, healthy year together again. I’m always available to answer your questions or meet with you to discuss PTA endeavors for the future!